Monday, November 22, 2010

Tip of the Week

Here's a tip from Kevin Siegel, author of IconLogic's Skills and Drills Newsletter:

Adobe Captivate 5: One Spelling Option Not To Ignore 


by Kevin Siegel Follow us on Twitter View our profile on LinkedIn

I am the most accurate typist in the world. Want me to prove it? Fine! I was recently working on a Captivate project that contained more than 70 text captions. I was the one who both created those text captions and typed the text.

Just prior to publishing the project, I ran Captivate's spell check utility by choosing Project > Check Spelling. And you know what? There wasn't a single typographic error on any slide... not a single one. See, that's proof that I am the most excellent typist in the world. I mean, when was the last time you aced the spell checker?

Of course, on further review, I realized that my accuracy wasn't so good. There it was, on Slide 2... the word Chicago was spelledChiccagoHuh? Why oh why would Captivate tease me like that and have me staking a claim to the world's accuracy title? It's a cruel world!

If turns out that Captivate will not spell check words with capitalized letters (such as Chiccago). If you're like me and tend to type with two left hands, then you might want to turn that particular option off.

Show Captivate's Preferences (Edit menu if you're using Windows; Adobe Captivate menu if you're using a Mac). Select the Globalcategory and then click the Spelling Preferences button.

Deselect Ignore Capitalized Words and click the OK button.

Captivate 5's spelling options

Run your spell check again... and prepare to relinquish your title of most accurate typist in the world (I know I did).

No comments:

Post a Comment