Thursday, January 27, 2011

Acrobat and Office 2010

Someone mentioned in a meeting today that they could not save a Word document as a PDF. I have no problem with it and  in fact I have an Acrobat tab on my tool bar. I figured out where it was (File > Options > Customize Ribbon > All Commands). Acrobat is in the list and you add it to your main tabs. Sounds great, right? Well, unfortunately it isn't. Siobhan and I tried adding it to hers, but Acrobat wasn't in the list! So I did some searching and found that while Acrobat 8 and 9 works with Office 2007, they are not compatible with 2010. Only Acrobat X is at this time. I have Acrobat X, so that explains why I had it and Siobhan (Acrobat 9) did not.

I realize this is a pain, but at this point I'm not advocating the move to Acrobat X. I have just started using it and actually prefer version 9. I looked on the Adobe site, and it looks as if they have no intentions of fixing the problem. Their solution? Buy Acrobat X! Here's a link to their comments and some ways to print a PDF from Office 2010 with Acrobat 9. Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment