Thursday, August 18, 2011

Acrobat 10 (X) Surprisingly Great!

As many of you know, I have been reluctant to suggest you upgrade from Acrobat Pro 9 to 10. The reasons are many, but particularly the change in setup design. I don't find it as intuitive. I felt it wasn't worth it. Well, today I changed my mind!

One of our administrators sent me a 38 page pdf. The document had been poorly scanned with pages all cockeyed, text circled and more. I was asked if I could turn it into a Word document. I laughed a bit, I must admit, and then figured I might as well give it a try. So, I opened it in Acrobat X and it immediately started working on the document - rotating the text (although it called the text "images") and recognizing characters, etc. Once done, I tried editing the text. It wouldn't allow me to do so because it still saw the text as images. Still, it looked much better and I figured it couldn't hurt to try and save it as a Word document.

Imagine my surprise when it not only created a nice looking Word document, but converted it to text! I was shocked. There were some problems, but they were minimal. I would say it was 95% right. That is nothing short of amazing to me! So, if you are wondering if you should upgrade, I say YES! You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment