Monday, November 14, 2011

Tip of the Week - Which Browser?

I was preparing some information for the Captivate session later today and one suggestion I read mentioned taking into account screen size and which browser is used. There was a link to browser statistics that I found interesting and helpful, particularly since I keep hearing that, like it or not, IE is still the most popular browser. Well, now I have proof that is not the case. In fact, as of March, it is not even second. The October 2011 line up is as follows:
  • Firefox - 38.7%
  • Chrome (Google) - 32.3%
  • Internet Explorer (IE) - 21.7%
As a lover of Chrome, I find this to be a good thing. To me, it is more stable, visually more pleasing and easier to use. I like the clean set up and screen shots of favorite sites. If you haven't tried it, check it out. If you are interested, click here for more info.

UPDATE - Ok- I hate to post this, but Stephen Judd showed me statistics that refute the findings (or rather give a broader view). The link I had is from w3schools and they reflect those who go to their site ( a point not mentioned in the book, but I should have looked closer). According to our website, these are the current statistics for our website:

So, I stand corrected, BUT the important thing to note is that just like Firefox before it, Chrome is growing and I look forward to seeing more people find out why I like it so much better than other browsers.


No comments:

Post a Comment