Monday, January 23, 2012

Tip of the Week - Aligning Form Fields with Acrobat X

I was working on a form the other day in Acrobat X. Acrobat did a great job of creating form fields automatically, but the fields overlapped a bit, were too large for the space, etc. I knew how to align fields, but re-sizing so many seemed like a daunting task, so I figured there had to be an easier way. Lucky for me there is! Here's what you do:
  1. Click on the first field you want to change
  2. Hold the shift key down and click on the last field
  3. CTRL right click the field you want to base the other fields on
  4. Choose Set Fields to Same Size
  5. Choose Height, Width or Both
  6. Done! 
Once I had the fields all the same size, I clicked on the first field and holding the shift key down clicked on the last field in the column,  then right clicked > align > align left (or right, center, etc.). I repeated the process with each column. Now, I have a form that is easy to use. Give it a try and let me know what you think.  

No comments:

Post a Comment